How do I import stuff from external issue trackers?

AdRoll Ops Team February 13, 2012

I'm trying to import data from pivotal tracker.

I've seen your documentation here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Importing+Data+From+Pivotal+Tracker

The documentation refers to "Select 'Administration' > 'System' > 'Import & Export' > 'External System Import' > 'Pivotal Tracker'."

But that menu doesn't exist in my on demand instance even though the JIRA Importers Plugin is installed and is the right version.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
AdRoll Ops Team February 13, 2012

I found the answer in another question... I find it completely unprofessional that there is simply no warning anywhere about the fact that pivotal tracker imports cannot be done in the on demand instances but you need to install your own jira.

0 votes
Sunjay Pandey February 27, 2012

Agree with this - completely frustrating and not user friendly interface and documentation.

0 votes
Sunjay Pandey February 27, 2012

Agree with this - completely frustrating and not user friendly interface and documentation.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2012

Proper support for the JIRA Importer Plugin is coming for OnDemand. This will remove this intermediary step for some issue trackers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events