How do I give someone else access to administer the scrum board I'm the owner of?

Johanna Lindh April 10, 2013

How do I give someone else access to administer the scrum board I'm the owner of? The user seems to have administrator permissions but still can't add projects to our team board. It'd be good if we could both administer the board.

4 answers

0 votes
Shaun Wickramaratne April 10, 2016

Just add the person name you want to give to Admin permission to the Administrators section. 

Where you can find this:

• Go to the particular board
  • Right top corner, select configure under board drop menu
  • Then it opens a General and Filter board
  • Under General you can see, Administrators name, default it is your name as you are the creator, but clicking on your name will open that area to add more names
  • Just start to type names and it will automatically shows all the names and you can select what you want.

Hope this will help you.

Enjoy

Layla R October 5, 2018

this does not give admin rights to filters

0 votes
Mathias Ericsson April 15, 2013

I'm not sure what "copy and share" the scrum board means, should we share it with you and how do I do that?

I've compared a scrum board that I created myself and one where someone else (like Johanna) created. When I go to configure in both boards I have the option to click "View in issue navigator" for the saved filter. When I'm the creator of the board I have an option "Save" in top of the issue explorer, so there I can add a customer and then click "Save".

But in the one where Johanna created I only get the option "Save as", so I can't really change the filter that we use for Johannas board but only create a new filter. This new filter I can't replace the old one in our scrum board configuration, so there is no purpose of "Save as" in this case.

Hope you can reproduce the same issue at your side?

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Ask him to copy and share his scrum board.

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2013

Hi Johanna,

The adminitration of a board is controlled by either the board owner (yourself) or a person with the JIRA Administrators global permission as shown here: https://<instance>/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Paul

Johanna Lindh April 11, 2013

Thanks, but the strange thing is that the person belongs to one of the groups belonging to the JIRA ADMINISTRATOR group on that page. Still he can't put certain projects on our scrum board even though he can create issues for them. Maybe it has to do with something other than his permissions, but what could it be?

Johanna Lindh April 11, 2013

It seems like only I can administer my own filters, even if I belong to JIRA ADMINISTRATORS and even if it's shared. Is it true that filters are only editable by the person who created them? If so, is there a fix for this in the pipe?

Suggest an answer