How do I give a web-item a function?

Maja Stach April 7, 2013

I am currently trying to write a plugin which displays an button in the "more action" section of the issue-sreen.

I know that I can create a button using a web-item, but I don't want it to link to another page but to do an action. For example creating another issue or something alike.

I appreciate any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

You can do that. Just give the url to the action in the web-item link. /secure/yourAction!yourCommand.jspa.

Maja Stach April 8, 2013

so is using a webwok the right choice?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

Yes, indeed.

Maja Stach April 8, 2013

alright. thanks. =)
now I'm experiencing troubles with opening the input.vm I wrote. It should open if the doDefault() method returns input, shouldn't it?

I'm not quite sure, because that's what I did and it's still not working. I suspect it's a problem with the sources.... also when I develop a plugin by atlas-run and try to open the jira instance it doesn't activate the plugin and doesn't allow me to, that's kind of a pain.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

It should open if the doDefault() method returns input, shouldn't it?

Depends on what view is mapped to "input". You can see it in the module description in atlassian-plugin.xml.

also when I develop a plugin by atlas-run and try to open the jira instance it doesn't activate the plugin and doesn't allow me to, that's kind of a pain.

Seems you have something very basic going wrong. What is the error when you run it via atlas-run?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events