How do I get locked screens to be visible on "Create XX" screens?

Fred Gruhn April 14, 2017

In our Jira instance, none of the locked fields show on any "Create XX" screen. Even though the screens and permisions schemes are configured to allow the field. 

In fact, when open the "Create Change" screen and click on the Configure Fields button followed by "Where is my field?" link. Populating the field with any locked field (e.g., Organizations) results in a screen that states the field should be visible (and it's not). See screen shot below.

This appears to be happening for all locked fields across our instance. We also have the Tempo Timesheets add-on installed. Could this be causing the conflict?

WhereIsMyField.png

2 answers

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2017

Hi Fred,

I didn't know the answer to your question but was currious so I looked into it a little bit.  The field in your screenshot, "Organizations", is for Service Desk customer portal requests.  I found this related feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4723

It seems the field doesn't display from within JIRA, but will in the Service Desk customer portal (assuming you have one.)  I was able to reproduce your issue on a Cloud instance that doesn't even have JIRA Service Desk.

Hope this helps or at least leads you to more info,

Rachel Wright

Rachel,

Wow! Thanks so much for digging that up (and so quickly too). I'm fairly new to the Jira Admin world and I've been spending the last two weeks (off and on) trying to get that field to show up on the create screen. I was going crazy thinking that something wasn't configured correctly.

What I would really like to do is have Jira ServiceDesk auto-populate the Organizations field to a specific value "All XXX Users" after creation. However, since it's a custom field, you can't do that easily in the stock post function of a transition.  Any idea on the best way to do that? We have the ScriptRunner add-on (trial) installed but I'm still struggling on what the right approach would be. 

0 votes

<removed, please delete>

Suggest an answer