How do I get a Card out of KanBan DONE column after release

John Bowen September 12, 2012

We are brand new to Atlassian and Greenhopper. So far we love how it works..but I have hit a brick wall.

I am using OnDemand with Greenhopper simplified workflow. When I go to do a release, I can not set the Resolution as it is not part of the Workflow and I think that is why I can't get the cards out of the DONE column.

Any assistance would be helpful.

3 answers

1 vote
graichen November 1, 2012

When you click on Tools->Configure for the board, then on the Filter tab, you will see the query associated with the board. The default filter criteria is

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

If you had assigned other versions (or used hierarchical versions) and some are not released, you could still have issues appearing. Anyway, by examining that filter you can determine the criteria and modify it as needed to get the list of issues that you want.

Hazze Molin May 23, 2016

If found the following Query to be very effective in finding and viewing only the issues that are not released in a Kanban board. The check for NULL on the fixVersion did the trick.

project = XXX and not (fixVersion is NULL OR fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Tested in JIRA On-Demand.

0 votes
Cesar Garcia November 3, 2012

I had a similar problem regarding unresolved items as stated in this question https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/86426/dragging-items-in-rapid-board-doesn-t-update-issue-status-as-resolved

I was able to fix it following this instructions by @Matt Timpson https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Unable+to+set+issues+to+Resolved+using+Greenhopper+Simplified+Workflow

I'm not sure it's totally related, but maybe it could help you.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2012

"Resolution" can be set when you do the "resolve" or "close" workflow steps, it should prompt you to do this when you click those transitions.

I'm not sure what the default case is for the 'Done' column - perhaps the default is that issues in that column never leave? In any case, you can edit the Kanban filter that displays that column to exclude "closed" issues - click on the cog and configure the board and poke around a bit.

Suggest an answer