How do I get Confluence style fields in Jira/Greenhopper?

David O'Donnell January 8, 2013

I have an On Demand instance of Jira/Greenhopper. All of the fields are plain text. Particularly for documenting user stories and providing feedback via comments it would be really great to be able to use rich text input similar to Confluence.

I read that you can change the rendering for each field by changing the scheme. I have done this, but it made absolutely no difference.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible with an On Demand instance?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2013

Check the field configuration scheme in the projects.

For each long-text type field (including Description), you should be able to change the Renderer to markup. You then need to actually use the markup in the text and you'll see it being translated on display.

One giveaway - under rich text fields in create or edit screens, you'll see preview (screen) and help (question mark bubble) icons. If they aren't there, then your field configurations aren't correct.

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Have you tried enabling the Wiki-style renderer plugin ? Renderers within JIRA are implemented as JIRA plugins. Go to "Administration > Plugins", click the option "Renderer Plugin", and check if its disabled or not.

David O'Donnell January 8, 2013
I do have the preview button so it looks like I did the right thing, but I don't know why the field doesn't act the same as a Conflience page where I can paste in images and tables directly without specifying markup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events