How do I format outgoing messages to new users?

Wendy Wallace February 15, 2016

There is an autogenerated message that was sent to customers. 

How do I control when this is sent and how do I format the content of this email message?  For one thing, I don't want an email message that says "Unassigned created for you a JIRA account".  Their first thought is: Who is "Unassigned"?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

The content of this email received by several customers follows:

======================================================================================

Unassigned created for you a JIRA account

Our JIRA account and web address was here.

JIRA is the project tracker for teams building great software. Log in now to track your issues and tasks, collaborate with your team, and stay on top of project activity.

Username:

The customer email address was here.

JIRA is the project tracker for teams building great software. Log in now to track your issues and tasks, collaborate with your team, and stay on top of project activity.

Username:

Email:

Full Name:

The customer's name was here.

Get started by setting your own password and logging in.

Set my password

URL with customer name was here.

This password reset request is valid for the next 24 hours.

Don't worry. You can always ask for a new password using the following link:

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA (v6.4.10#64025-sha1:5b8b740)

[Atlassian logo]

Full Name:

Tom Antal

Get started by setting your own password and logging in.

Set my password<https://jira.ipc-global.com/secure/ResetPassword!default.jspa?os_username=tantal%40atadex.com&token=07acc2d0c1252485554cf7185b4d8e5614c0f967>

This password reset request is valid for the next 24 hours.

Don't worry. You can always ask for a new password using the following link: https://jira.ipc-global.com/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa?username=tantal%40atadex.com

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA (v6.4.10#64025-sha1:5b8b740)

[

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi @Wendy Wallace,

To change your email templates you can go to your {jira-installation-directory}\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html

and check usercreated.vm and usercreated-nopassword.vm templates and you can edit them to suit your needs.

Suggest an answer