How do I export the contents of the planning board to a spreadsheet?

I am using GreenHopper 5.8.6 and want to export the contents of the Planning Board to a spreadsheet. They are ranked, so, ideally, it would be nice to see them in that order and with the Story Points shown. The goal is to capture the state of the Planning Board near the end of each iteration.

3 answers

Hi Ronn,

The easiest way is probably to set up a filter in JIRA (in the Issues menu > Search for Issues) that picks up your project and just orders the results by Rank. You can then just hit the "Views" button and choose Excel.

Thanks,
Shaun

Thanks Shaun. I'm struggling with hitting people with too much data and it not making sense to them. The board views and backlog view are really nice to give a snapshot of work in progress and work to do. An excel sheet will just be ignored I think.

Anyway, the sorting by rank was the key thing I didn't know how to do for data export .. thx for that!

For some reason I am not seeing the story point estimate as an export option when I "Search Issues" for a filter, then select Export. If I Export "All Fields" I can't see it either. Am I looking for estimate in the wrong place?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

71 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you