How do I export the contents of the planning board to a spreadsheet?

Ronald Newton July 18, 2012

I am using GreenHopper 5.8.6 and want to export the contents of the Planning Board to a spreadsheet. They are ranked, so, ideally, it would be nice to see them in that order and with the Story Points shown. The goal is to capture the state of the Planning Board near the end of each iteration.

3 answers

2 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

Hi Ronn,

The easiest way is probably to set up a filter in JIRA (in the Issues menu > Search for Issues) that picks up your project and just orders the results by Rank. You can then just hit the "Views" button and choose Excel.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes
Christi Colba January 7, 2014

For some reason I am not seeing the story point estimate as an export option when I "Search Issues" for a filter, then select Export. If I Export "All Fields" I can't see it either. Am I looking for estimate in the wrong place?

0 votes
Caroline Gordon February 18, 2013

Thanks Shaun. I'm struggling with hitting people with too much data and it not making sense to them. The board views and backlog view are really nice to give a snapshot of work in progress and work to do. An excel sheet will just be ignored I think.

Anyway, the sorting by rank was the key thing I didn't know how to do for data export .. thx for that!

Suggest an answer