How do I create a dashboard that allows me to filter on Test Exectuion status, Pass/Fail/Unexecute?

Jeffery Lund September 1, 2017

I would like to be able to create a dashboard that reports on tests in a test cycle based on test status, Passed, Failed, Unexecuted and don't want it to be a chart either stacked column or pie chart. I would like to see subtotals for each area as well as a total at the end of the report and I don't want to have to export to an excel file which then has to be emailed to a DL. I would like to display it on a dashboard for others to access. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Haven't personally done this but you might be able to do a Two-Dimension Filter gadget for this. 

I see In Zephyr 2.X they added searching for test execution status.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZTD/pages/12386325/Search+Test+Executions

So you might be able to have one of the Axis in the gadget be test execution, and the other be another statistic you want to see. This should give you the totals you are asking for.

Hope that helps.

Jeffery Lund September 7, 2017

Hi Brian - thanks for you response, that was helpful. I see now there is no way to track or report on the number of times a test case was run and failed or just the number of times a test case was run in a particular test cycle.

Any suggestions on that one?

Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

You might be able to do a calculated number field that increments everytime the transition is run. That would probably give you what you are looking for.

Jeffery Lund September 7, 2017

and can I create a dashboard with that calculation or is there a gadget I can use to do that?

Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2017

I am honestly not sure about the calculation field and how, or if, it displays in search results. I would have to say just try it and see what happens. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events