How do I connect Jira to Fitnesse?

Brian Kim May 27, 2014

I would like to connect Jira to Fitnesse, which is hosted on another server. I've tried looking into documentation and have found little of help. I'm new to both of these 2 software, so I'm still learning about both Jira and Fitnesse. Is there any way to automate the execution of tests on a server separated from Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2014

It very much depends on what you want to do - you need to be specific about "automate the execution of tests" - what runs them? What does "automate" mean? What triggers them? If you're driving things from Jira, you probably want to use webhooks or scripts to tell Fitnesse to do things (over whatever external interfaces it provides). If you want fitnesse to do stuff in Jira, you should be looking at doing it over Jira's REST interface

Brian Kim June 1, 2014

By automate, I mean that I'd like to press something within Jira's UI to run Test A, which runs a test or suite of tests on the Fitnesse server. I'm not sure if there's any other details you want in regards to this question. Sorry if I'm still being a bit vague, I'm trying my best to get details on what type of tests are within Fitnesse and how we're trying to do all this

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

Nope, that's quite clear "hit button in Jira, Test runs in Fitnesse"

I'd go for webhooks for this one - https://developer.atlassian.com/.../JIRADEV/JIRA+Webhooks+Overview

bharat_sethi June 5, 2017

HI Nic,

I am also looking to achieve the same for us. We would like to write our cucumber test cases in JIRA(Xray) and on press of a button they should get transferred to Fitnesse and get executed after execution result get submitted back in JIRA as test results.

The link you have provided seems broken now, can I request you or Brian if he managed to achieve it can help me setting it up for us.

Thanks,

Bharat sethi    

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2017

Well, 3 years old, it's going to be slightly out of date... Try https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-webhooks-867028229.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events