How do I change the color of a Variant applied page link in sidebar

I am using a lot of variants. My text/links to pages in the left sidebar start out white (I figured out how to change that color), but when I apply a variant to a page the link in the left sidebar changes to an ugly grey. It was okay when I just had a few pages that had variants applied, but now almost the whole sidebar is full of grey text. I'd like to flip the colors. Actually, I'd really like to have a different color text for each variant type. So here are my two questions:

1) Will you please tell me what to put in my stylesheet css to get ".sv-sc-any-isTargetSpace-enableVersionManagement-enableTranslation-enableVariants-enablePermalinks ul>li.sv-pt-node.sv-pt-excluded>div>span>a, ul>li.sv-pt-node.sv-pt-excluded>a" changed to a different color? It's tagged with Important so I can't get it to change...how do I get around that? 

1a) if that line is excluded is there an included tag? I can't find it. Also, what exactly does excluded cover - what does that mean? what is it excluding from? I don't want to make any assumptions here...

2) Can I customize each type of variant with a different color? If so, please offer guidance - point me in the right direction of where to look for the css tags for each variant type.

I'm open to detailed guidance. :-)

Thanks for helping make my space absolutely perfect!

1 answer

Oh. Hmmm. Maybe I don't need this...let me see. I just noticed that if I click on the variants drop-down in the top navigation area that the fonts change. 

Please go ahead and answer my questions above, just in case and I will investigate and see what happens when I publish. 

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion May 18, 2017

Hi Laura,

what do you mean by "variant"? I think you mean something in Confluence, but I do not understand your question, to be honest.

I have variants applied to pages to indicate whether they are internal only or acceptable for external publishing.

We can delete this question though. I figured out that I don't need to change the colors after all. 

Sorry. Please delete.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

77 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you