Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I center text within a table cell in Confluence 5?

Jennifer Peterson March 19, 2013

I have a table and would like to center text in 2 of its columns. Can't see any alignment icons on the toolbar...thanks in advance for the help!

11 answers

0 votes
Jennifer Peterson April 9, 2013

Have confluence 3.5. Using HTML to center my text within a table, and it works.

0 votes
Jennifer Peterson April 8, 2013

Turns out I have version 3.5 and there is no way to center text within a table cell

0 votes
moxin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Create {div} macro, write content in it.
Click 'Div' element and then select 'Edit'.
Find option 'Align' and choose 'Center'. Done

0 votes
Jennifer Peterson March 22, 2013

From looking through the older confluence documentation, it appears I am using Confluence 3.5x, and the section on working with tables does not show how to center text in a column. Is it possible they did not support this basic functionality in my version??

0 votes
Ken Trough March 22, 2013

You are definitely in an older version with that 2007 copyright notice...

0 votes

this is what is in my footer :

Powered by Atlassian. Contains Oracle Coherence™ Technology. Oracle, the Oracle logo and Coherence are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle. Copyright© 2000-2007 by Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

did you try

{center} your text {center} ?

Cheers

Thomas

Thanks for trying Thomas. But I get an error for unknown macro: {center}

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

I forgot: the center-macro is part of adaptavist's Content Formatting Macro Plugin

It's a free plugin, but be careful to install and try a version that is appropriate to your (quite old) Confluence Version.

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2013

Just scroll the page all the way down. The version should be on the footer.

0 votes
Jennifer Peterson March 21, 2013

Hmmm. I was told it was version 5, but don't know that for certain. How can I check which version is being used for my Wiki page?

0 votes
Ken Trough March 21, 2013

I have the same toolbar options showing as Jeison.

Your editing options are significantly different. Are you certain you are using Confluence 5? It looks like an older version.

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

From my Confluence 5 toolbar I can see the alignment buttons, are they missing from yours?

Cheers,

Jennifer Peterson March 21, 2013

this is what mine looks like, and it doesn't have those options you showed above.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2013

this must be a 3.x - Version since there is a Wiki-Markup tab

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events