How do I center text within a table cell in Confluence 5?

I have a table and would like to center text in 2 of its columns. Can't see any alignment icons on the toolbar...thanks in advance for the help!

11 answers

Hi Jennifer,

From my Confluence 5 toolbar I can see the alignment buttons, are they missing from yours?

Cheers,

this is what mine looks like, and it doesn't have those options you showed above.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Mar 21, 2013

this must be a 3.x - Version since there is a Wiki-Markup tab

I have the same toolbar options showing as Jeison.

Your editing options are significantly different. Are you certain you are using Confluence 5? It looks like an older version.

Hmmm. I was told it was version 5, but don't know that for certain. How can I check which version is being used for my Wiki page?

Just scroll the page all the way down. The version should be on the footer.

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Mar 21, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

did you try

{center} your text {center} ?

Cheers

Thomas

Thanks for trying Thomas. But I get an error for unknown macro: {center}

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Mar 24, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

I forgot: the center-macro is part of adaptavist's Content Formatting Macro Plugin

It's a free plugin, but be careful to install and try a version that is appropriate to your (quite old) Confluence Version.

Cheers

Thomas

this is what is in my footer :

Powered by Atlassian. Contains Oracle Coherence™ Technology. Oracle, the Oracle logo and Coherence are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle. Copyright© 2000-2007 by Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved

You are definitely in an older version with that 2007 copyright notice...

From looking through the older confluence documentation, it appears I am using Confluence 3.5x, and the section on working with tables does not show how to center text in a column. Is it possible they did not support this basic functionality in my version??

Create {div} macro, write content in it.
Click 'Div' element and then select 'Edit'.
Find option 'Align' and choose 'Center'. Done

Turns out I have version 3.5 and there is no way to center text within a table cell

Have confluence 3.5. Using HTML to center my text within a table, and it works.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Agile

What is ChatOps? A guide to its evolution, adoption, and significance

I am the product of AIM. I can hear that door swinging open and closed in my mind with absolute fidelity. I’d recognize that ding anywhere. At 15, as I typed away into AOL IM, I never imagined that ...

26 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you