How do I associate a different create screen with a different issue type.

OK, I think JIRA configuration has officially muddled my brain. I know this should be easy (or at least something I can figure out), and I'm pretty sure I've done it before, but at the moment I'm at a loss.

I'd like to associate different creation screens with different issue types within a project. For example:

Project: Support

Issue Types: Support Issue, Data Extract, Configuration Assistance, Data Exchange Resource

Each issue type needs a different create screen (and different edit/transition screens). I have a new screen set up for the Data Extract issue type, but I can't figure out how to associate that screen with the particular issue type.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You should have a new "Screen Scheme" in which you will associate different screens for the different actions. And then you have to associate the Screen Scheme in the "Issue Type Screen Scheme" set for your project.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Mar 11, 2012

Hi Justin,

use the issue type screen scheme to associate issue types with screen schemes

Best regards

Thomas

(O_o)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

46 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you