How do I add additional fields to the Bonfire Firefox add-on?

Joshua Manning May 16, 2013

How do I add additional fields such as "Linked Issues" to the Bonfire Firefox add-on?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason Caragan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

Hi Joshua,

The fields displayed in Bonfire's form should reflect those those configured for your equivalent screen mapped to the create issue operation for that project/issue type. See Defining a Screen for further details.

Joshua Manning May 16, 2013

Thank you, Jason! We had made a change to the screen, but it wasn't immediately reflected in the Bonfire add-on. They are synced up now!

shari.barchus@isostech.com June 3, 2013

Jason - I have the same question, the create screen has a Severity field on it, but we don't see that field on the Bonfire screen. Can you offer a suggestion where to look next ?

I am also looking at this page, and think the answer conflict?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/1256/how-can-i-choose-the-fields-that-display-in-bonfire-browser-plugins

0 votes
Casper Oberleitner February 5, 2014

I'm having the same issue as Shari. I edited the default screen so I can link issues in the bonfire screen, but it is not updating.

0 votes
Jason Caragan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Hi Shari,

The fields in Bonfire should definitely reflect the fields you see on your Create Issue screen for that particular project and issue type. Are you creating the same type of issue that you created in JIRA, for the same project? Also note that if you're using a template in Bonfire to create the issue, this would override the fields you would see by default (no template).

Btw, that old thread is pretty outdated - refers to Bonfire 1.0 :)

shari.barchus@isostech.com June 3, 2013

No template in use. I do now see today that the Severity field is now displaying, it is just down much lower than it is on the JIRA Create Issue screen. It looks like Bonfire is displaying (top-down) system fields (like project, issuetype, priority) first, then custom fields - putting them in the same order as on the create screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events