How do I add a value to a drop-down list (new product model) when creating an issue?

Jan Archer May 11, 2017

I'm a newbie admin for our JIRA instance and I have a team that needs to add another product/model to their drop-down list of product/models that they can select when creating an issue. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do that. Anyone??

Jan

2 answers

6 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

Hi Jan,

is this a custom field? I think so, since I don't know a system field product/model.

So, go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom Fields

Search your custom field there and select "Configure" from the gearwheel on the right

Then you click on "Edit Options", add your new Value and save it.

Jan Archer May 13, 2017

Thomas, thank you so much...it is a custom field and I was able to get there with your instructions! Thanks.

DNFCS Atlassian Support Team December 1, 2020

@Thomas Schlegel

I see that I have 600 drop down values. Is there any bulk option to add it?

Like Sharkrit Impat _Job_ likes this
Sharkrit Impat _Job_ May 13, 2021

@DNFCS Atlassian Support Team Same question, I need a bulk option to add it, with a dynamic parameter of the array value.

Daniel Alonso May 13, 2021

You can use a Pyhton script and the REST API to add those values.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

Depends on the field. 

If it is the "components" field, then they need to ask a project administrator to add it.  If it's a "custom select list" (it sounds like one), then they need to ask a JIRA or System administrator to add it.

Suggest an answer