How could I remove Startpageing123 virus

Hello, several days ago I got infected with virus. It seems that it is not going to leave my computer - it comes back as soon as I reboot it. Resetting does not help, as well as anti-malware. Should I check my registry as this guide recommends? I am worried because I have never used registry editor.

3 answers

1 vote
Sam Hall Community Champion Mar 07, 2017

Hi Jeremy,

This is a community question and answers forum about Atlassian products, so I'm not sure if you'll get an answer here.

I'd recommend asking on a dedicated malware/virus help forum like:

If you don't have sufficient experience and knowledge to manage registry keys, don't do that on your own or your PC could get serious damage. You can download an automatic removal tool to help you with that.

You can get one from this page below if you don't know which tool is useful.

Based on what I have read, startpageing123 is a browser hijacker or potentially unwanted program. To get rid of it, uninstall suspicious programs and remove unknown browser extensions. Then check the browser shortcuts as mentioned in this article that also provides the solution. It also shows how to delete the registry entries of the malware. But I suggest you download some free anti-malware programs like Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner to find and remove the threat completely.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

237 views 5 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot