How can i put bug tickets into a specific kanban colum?

Michael Forisch January 17, 2013

I would like to put newly created bug tickets into the say third kanban colum, how can i do that?

I thought i can use the "issue create" transition with some conditions, but aparently there can only be just one of them per workflow.

please advice

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Barrow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

Hi Michael,

This is quite an old question so I'm guessing you've either resolved it yourself or found a workaround by now.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to just have a different workflow for bugs that starts with "development todo" status.

I hope this helps but please revert back if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Rob.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

You should have definite statues for the bugs and for features which is also reflected in the workflow. Which means, you will not have a draft status for the bugs. Map the remaining status to the board and they will fall into the right bucket.

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2013

Hi Michael,

Actually, the columns on the Greenhopper boards map different statuses on the workflow being used by the projects associated to the board. To add newly created issues to the third kanban column, you need to map the status of the newly created issues to the third column.

Please see Configuring Columns for more details about it.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Michael Forisch January 17, 2013

Hi Clarissa,

thanks for your response! Allow me to clearify:

I would like to have new stories (and tasks, imporvements) into colum 1 (draft colum). This i can do by mapping the "create issue" in the workflow to the status asociated with the first colum.

For bugs, i dont not require the "draft" phase, hence why i would like to move bugs directly to colum 2 (development todo). How can i do this automatically?

best regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events