How can i Modify Reporter?

Honda Serviços Financeiros February 5, 2013

After set user to Modify Report Permission i can't edit reporter in create issue screen!

I set the same user to all permissions to try edit issue, but the field "Reporter" is disable for edition.

Somebody can help me?

6 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Are you talking about Inline Editing or a complete editing of the issue?

If inline editing, it will allow to edit only those fields which are visible in the Edit screen. If that is the case you need to add the Reporter field to the edit screen for that issue type using the Issue Type Screen Scheme.

Honda Serviços Financeiros February 6, 2013

Tks Renjith, This was my problem. The field was not related in edit screen.

2 votes
James Rossow February 5, 2013

Hello. First, if you have Permission Helper, run some sample user names through it and see if they have the Modify Reporter permission. If you expect them all to have that permission and they do not, check Groups and Roles associated with the project. It could be that the users are not part of a group with permission or that Groups and Roles are not aligned for the project.

If you have a re-index notification on top of the page, re-index and look at the issue again. I have found that the re-index flag seems to prevent some Admin changes from showing up in real time.

Jrossow, how can i use permission helper?

Jrossow, i installed the Jira Helper Plugin and checked the permission for my user..

The result for this permission:

Carlos Assofra has the 'Modify Reporter' permission

I just checked all permission to see something wrong but.. all permission return the same result!!?!

0 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

You will have :

1) Project with 'Permission Scheme' associated that have one user or grup of user, permissions: Assign Issues, Assignable User and Assign Issues.

2) A user or group user that it is in the permission scheme that you associated to the project in the last step.

Create an issue in the project you associated the permission scheme and you can modify reporter. No more mistery...

Hope it helps,

Daniel

Tks, Daniel. I found the problem.

0 votes

Nat, did not work! Any suggestion?

0 votes

Correct. I gave permission even more so I could not edit the reporter.. and about users, yes.. some usuers have this permission too... now.. i'll try create a copy of permission scheme and set again.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Just to confirm, you yourself have the "Modify Reporter" permission, correct? And you have given all the users who you wish to be able to assign to the "Assignable User" permission?

Suggest an answer