How can I view or report on bugs over time using JIRA?

NPower December 3, 2012

Hi,

I would like to be able to report on various metrics during a specific time frame:

1. Number of improvement/enhancements/new features released

2. Number of bugs/issues reported

3. Number of issues reopened

4. Number of bugs fixed

I would like to report on this on either a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis over the past 2 years and see a trend.

Is there any easy way to do this using JIRA? I also have GreenHopper installed.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
NPower December 11, 2012

Some tips that I got from atlassian support:

Hi Izumi,

You can achieve that by manually create a filter for it in JQL specifying the date / status / type / user or any other condition you want to check. After that, you can export your result to a chart or an Excel / Word / etc.

I also suggest you to take a look into this plugin, maybe it will be more helpful to achieve what you need:

Hope that helps. Let me know how it goes and if you need any further help.

Best regards,
Andre Petry
Atlassian Support

You can create a JQL like this one:

project = "Project X"AND created >= 2012-12-01 AND created <= 2012-12-31

And then export the result to a chart or a report.

But note this will show just the issues from the "Project X" (you need to change it to your project) and from December.
And I know that's a simple query, but that's why I suggested you the eazyBI plugin. The bundled charts from JIRA and the options with the JQL are very restricted to what you need to achieve.
If you want to check our documentation regarding JQL, you can find it here.

1 vote
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Did you try JQL. Some of what you are asking pretty easy..

1 vote
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Please try eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA. You can easily create custom reports using issues created, due and resolved measures and using any standard or custom custom JIRA fields as dimensions in these reports. Time dimension in reports support both year/quarter/month/day hierarchy as well as year/week/day hierarchy. Created reports and charts can be published also as JIRA dashboard gadgets.

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013

Hi Izumi,

You can also check out the Intelligent Reports plugin. It can easily generate charts and data for these metrics in Microsoft Word format.

Suggest an answer