How can I send a mail to a group of users whenever a page is edited?

manish3sharma March 21, 2013

Is there any way to send a mail to a group of users whenever a page is edited?

I don't want them to subscribe to the page.

Sharing the page doesn't solve the purpose because it notifes the reciever only when the page is shered and that too only once.

CONF-2911 looks similar but doesn't match my requirement. And the below ones are similar but not relevant.

New Feature - A new feature of the product, which has yet to be developed. CONF-2680 Wiki-related newsletter mail

• Resolved - A resolution has been taken, and it is awaiting verification by reporter. From here issues are either reopened, or are closed.

New Feature - A new feature of the product, which has yet to be developed. CONF-3661 Administrative email to confluence groups..

• Resolved - A resolution has been taken, and it is awaiting verification by reporter. From here issues are either reopened, or are closed.

New Feature - A new feature of the product, which has yet to be developed. CONF-728 Broadcast e-mail to a group

• Closed - The issue is considered finished, the resolution is correct. Issues which are not closed can be reopened.

New Feature - A new feature of the product, which has yet to be developed. CONF-5576 Send Email to users of the wiki

• Closed - The issue is considered finished, the resolution is correct. Issues which are not closed can be reopened.

New Feature - A new feature of the product, which has yet to be developed. CONF-8428 It would be nice to have the ability to E-Mail a user or group of users as the system

Any help would be great.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2013

Greetings,

Thanks for posting your question. Notifying a group or distribution list is something we are striving to implement. I believe I located a feature request that directly matches what you wish to accomplish:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20118

We encourage you to vote, comment and watch that ticket for updates.

I hope this information was helpful.

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

manish3sharma April 11, 2013

Thanks alot Jason.

Yes, CONF-20118 is my requirement. I will follow this up.
Thanks again for the great help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events