Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I receive an email when a page is tagged with a particular label?

joelbarker April 16, 2012

I would like to use labels as a tool to get input from a particular user: When a content maker has a question, I would like them to be able to label the page with the subject matter expert's last name so that the SME can then review and respond.

How can I have email notifications sent when the page is labeled?

Is there a better way to acheive what I am aiming for?

2 answers

0 votes
Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hi Joel, I'm also interested in this question. I'd like that users are able to "subscribe" to specific labels they are interested in so that when something new is labeled they can get notified.

Did you find a solution?

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

We are talking about Confluence, right? Have you thought of the "share" function? That way the person having a questing could directly adress the SME. Other that that you could use mentions in your comments. "Question...@SME". I wouldn't use labels since you'd be messing up the labels with last names.

Cheers Christian

joelbarker April 17, 2012

Oh, and yes, Confluence.

joelbarker April 17, 2012

That is an interesting idea. I was planning, for this space, to purely use Labels as a way to track the project. That way I could have a page dedicated to the label where anyone can see what is on anyone else's plate.

But the @sme idea is good.

Still, I am curious: can I get notified if a label gets added to a page?

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2012

Hey,

I wouldn't know. Sorry,

Cheers

Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events