How can I receive an email when a page is tagged with a particular label?

I would like to use labels as a tool to get input from a particular user: When a content maker has a question, I would like them to be able to label the page with the subject matter expert's last name so that the SME can then review and respond.

How can I have email notifications sent when the page is labeled?

Is there a better way to acheive what I am aiming for?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We are talking about Confluence, right? Have you thought of the "share" function? That way the person having a questing could directly adress the SME. Other that that you could use mentions in your comments. "Question...@SME". I wouldn't use labels since you'd be messing up the labels with last names.

Cheers Christian

Oh, and yes, Confluence.

That is an interesting idea. I was planning, for this space, to purely use Labels as a way to track the project. That way I could have a page dedicated to the label where anyone can see what is on anyone else's plate.

But the @sme idea is good.

Still, I am curious: can I get notified if a label gets added to a page?

Hey,

I wouldn't know. Sorry,

Cheers

Christian

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Joel, I'm also interested in this question. I'd like that users are able to "subscribe" to specific labels they are interested in so that when something new is labeled they can get notified.

Did you find a solution?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 10 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

52 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you