How can I put the "Shared" message in the comments

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

JIRA Issues all have a "Share" button that allows you to send a message to another JIRA user and the e-mail has a link to the JIRA Issue.

But it seems there should be a way to have a copy of that e-mail in the Issue's comments.

Any idea how we can make that happen?

2 answers

0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

The "why" is to keep as much communication about an Issue in the Issue. But if I'm not assigned, I'm not going to see the comment.

If I want to tell people about the Issue without logging that I have told them, I can send them a separate e-mail with a link to the Issue. I would want to do that a whole lot less than I want to preserve the dialog about the Issue inside the Issue.

But you have suggested that there is something I am unaware of. What do you mean by " you could do so by addressing them via @"

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

Just being curious:

Why would you want to do that? I mean if you wanted to comment and make users aware of the comment you could do so by addressing them via @. Other than that, sharing is extremely useful to tell people about an issue WITHOUT polluting the comment section...

Suggest an answer