How can I prevent an issue from being created if the same issue type exists?

Hello,

Am using automation to create an issue on transition.

Am looking for a way to prevent the issue from being created if an issue of the same type exists within the epic that is being transitioned.

For example, I have the following workflow: 

1. Open

2. Requirements

3. Development

Initially when I move from Open to Requirements, I want to automatically create a requirements issue type.

On the other hand if I move back from Development to Requirements, I want to open the existing requirements issue, instead of creating a new requirements issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Scott Harwood Community Champion Jan 16, 2018

Hi Etai,

You should be able to do this with entity properties, so when you transition the epic, you can mark with a property saying that the issue has been created, preceding that you check the non-existence of that property. Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 3.59.07 pm.png

Let me know if that will work for you.

Cheers,

Scott.

Thank you for your help.

I went about this in a different way as I got stuck if a user manually deleted the issue (and i did not want to add another automation to clear the hasissueCreated property.

My solution was to create two automations.

1. Create issue if the issue does not exist (using the related issue condition).

2. Reopen issue if the issue does exist (using the related issue condition).

image.pngimage.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 2 hours ago in Europe

Speaker Required!

Hey, We're currently organising an AUG event on Tuesday the 23rd of October. It's being hosted by Tata Consultancy Services near High Street Kensington station. We currently require one more spea...

23 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you