How can I make Confluence's top bar wider (and accomplish a few other visual layout tweaks?)

I would like to know how this confluence site is accomplishing a few things:

- Wider top bar with an embedded logo

- breadcrumb trail with a separate color below that

- navigation panel on the right

- padding on both sides of the page

It looks like they're *not* using one of the Confluence design plugins like Zen or Adaptavist (correct me if I'm wrong). Assuming that, can anyone tell me the most forward-compatible way to do the above, using vanilla confluence? We run 3.5, but will soon be upgrading to 4.0. Even just pointing me to Space Admin vs. Confluence Admin, custom CSS or HTML would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Have you tried contacting the site's adminitrators to see how they acheieved this?

http://www.mongodb.org/administrators.action

This widget could not be displayed.

can be done by editing the global stylesheet and the velocity-files responsible for generating the top navigation (e.g. decorators/includes/topnav.vm ). i would make a copy of the file(s), edit the file(s) and put them into edit-webapp folder. when building the war, the original files are replaced by your edited files.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 49m ago in Canada

Topic Tuesday - August 21

Hello and happy Topic Tuesday! We would love to continue to find out more about you. Here’s the question: What is one way Atlassian products have shifted the way your team works? Looking forw...

10 views 2 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you