How can I have custom fields showing under the Description section in the main Issue view?

John Macleod March 1, 2012

I want to have a user story description, acceptance criteria and assumptions in three different fields. I've added "acceptance criteria" and "assumptions" fields, put them on the Default screen and moved them to underneath the Description field.

However, when a user clicks in to view a JIRA, the Acceptance Criteria and Assumptions fields appear with all the other custom fields under the Details section - but logically, I want those text fields to display underneath the Description.

Can it be done? How?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

I can't think of anyway to do this in an onDemand service, you just don't have that kind of access.

If it was a local install, you could take it apart & rebuild it but it would be the same for every project.

The only alternative I can think of is to not use the description field but create another custom field called something lilke "Story Description" which you then would have control of where to put it on the screen (within the custom field area)

John Macleod March 1, 2012

Yes - I coudln't find a way... and I don't really want to mess with/stop using the Description field. So I guess I'm just going to go back to having all three merged in the Description field. In reality they're all part of the story description anyway. Unless anyone else has any ideas?

Suggest an answer