How can I get text type reprots for my user stories, backlog and tasks?

Scott Ocamb July 6, 2013

I would like to get text based reports for my backlog, user stories / epics and tasks. Some useful reports would be:

• Feature Catalog - this would print a catalog of all user stories. Epics would have their associated user stories indented under the epic. This would be useful to print or export to a pdf and give to the Product Owner as a booklet.
  • User Stories / Tasks - this would print the user stories with their associates tasks iindented under them., This would be useful for the scrum master and the team to see the stories and tasks for a given sprint
  • Capacity Report - This would print the team member names and their current assigned tasks. The title of the corresponding user story would be included. This would be useful for sprint planning when individual team capacity is required.

I am aware of the Jira export features to excel and word. So far I have not been able to achieve my above goals without some post midification in word/excel. I think this should be native functionality in the product.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

Hi Scott,

Our plugin Intelligent Reports should be able to create all of these reports. You design your template in Word, then use point and click rules to fill in the data, including links between issues, users, etc. Try it out, I think it will fit your needs.

Sascha Schwegelbauer January 26, 2015

Is it possible to print attachments (images) on the report?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2013
  • No, apart from a printable view of the boards filter in issue navigator excluding sub-tasks - Isn't the product owner supposed to use the Plan View.
  • No, apart from the same issue navigator mentioned above - Isn't the scrum master and team supposed to use the Work view. Isn't printing causing a wastage as the status changes frequently (may be even daily) - Use a big TV instead
  • The work mode is meant for this for the team member to know the task which she/he picked up. Remember, scrum does not talk about task assignment, rather it says task volunteering (tasks are picked up by team members). And the burndown report is aimed at exactly this requirement in Scrum

EDIT: Btw, Structure plugin might help you. It appears to have some support for GreenHopper - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure

Scott Ocamb July 6, 2013

I see the ability of easliy printing or viewing different views of the backlog and tasks as very useful. I was using Rally to define stories, sprints and tasks. They have reports that I found very useful.

I am aware of the roles is scrum. Rally actually has a way for the team to enter their capacity for a sprint. This makes it very easy for them too volenteer for tasks and not over rcommit.

After using rally for a while, i see what looks like some key missing features in Greenhopper. Of course Rally is much more expensive, perhaps that is why.

I will look at the plugin you mentioned, but i feel this is someting that should be core functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events