How can I force a specific page to always be the first page listed for specific search queries in Confluence?

Mick Davidson November 14, 2012

Morning,

I want to force a specific page to always be the first page listed for a specific search in Confluence.

For example, if I search on the word 'Risk', I want a specific page called Risk to always be the page that's returned first.

Is this possible, if so, how?

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2012

Hi Mick,

The most simple (yet still ugly) way to do so would be to modify the template at <CONFLUENCE-INSTALL-DIR>/confluence/decorators/search.vmd to display a link (or any custom content of your choice) when a specific search term (or something like it) was entered.

Another option would be a third-party plugin that you can find here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.hascode.plugin.search-boost-plugin

Cheers,

Peter

Mick Davidson November 19, 2012

Peter,

Thanks for the info. I've had a look at the plugin and that seems to do just what we want. However, it's a bit behind our current Confluence version (we're on 4.3), so will have to wait until it's caught up.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events