How can I filter out sub-tasks on a kanban board when I have the parent issue filtered out?

I have created a kanban board that bases its swimlanes on stories. On that board, I set the filter to exclude stories that are not "Selected for Development". But if any of those excluded stories already have sub-tasks, the story shows on the board anyway as a swimlane with the tasks. Again, this happens even if the story is filtered out of the board. This greatly clutters the board with stories that have not been selected for development.

I would expect that if a parent issue is exlcuded by a board's filter that any sub-tasks would also be filtered.

Is there a workaround for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Interesting, noticed that only now. Appears to be a scenario not handled. Reported it here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7123

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

194 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you