How can I easily measure escalation of issues?

I am trying to figure out how many of my JIRA issues are resolved without escalation.

I assume I can use the assignment value to determine

1. whether the person I assigned the issue was able to resolve without escalation

2. how many touches it requires to resolve issues (of different types)

1 answer

0 vote

Something like this?

assignee = "xyz" AND resolution is not NULL AND status WAS NOT "Escalated"

Change the status name as appropriate!

Jobin, you are suggesting we add an escalated status to the standard workflow.

But that is not really a "status" per se - it is more like an attribute of "In Progress" (like a resolution).

We are trying to measure hand offs and first touch.

On a per ticket basis, we can review the transitions and assignment changes, but we are struggling with how to aggregate this information up by Assignee or Team.

For example for a given assignee, I want to see how many issues of <Issue Type> that person can resolve without assigning it to another person. What percentage of issues by project, etc.

I see! So you want to find issues where assignee is not changed? Is the assignment done during creation or you use the assign operation to assign the issue to someone initially?

For the issue type I am most concerned about, it is done during creation.

And the reporter is generally responsible for resolution of that issue.

I don't know about a generic JQL to do this. You can find out issues where assignee was changed from a given user to another given user like this:

assignee changed from "xyz" to "abc"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

119 views 10 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot