How can I delete all user dependencies?

Hey there,

If I want to delete a user, I get an error warning. I should resolve some problems like assigned tickets to this user.

In my case this user have so much tickets that I need an automatically change of his tickets to another user.

Is there any possibility?

Best regards,
Patrick

3 answers

0 votes

You need to reassign all their issues, change the reporter on everything they've reported and then delete all of their comments.

Generally, the answer is actually "don't delete the user". Because you destroy information. You should deactive them and remove them from all roles and groups.

Yes, thank you. But I look for a solution to automatically reassign all of his tickets to another user.
The manually way isn't convenient.

0 votes

Bulk edit is the best you'll do without coding, for reporter and assignee.

And you'll need scripting to do the comment deletions no matter what. I'm pretty sure the Jira command line is the way to do this. If not, then the script-runnner plugin (both need you to code though)

Seriously, don't bother, just shut down the user account.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

60 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you