Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure bamboo such that server restart doesn't stop builds on remote agents

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Is there a way to configure a backup or failover bamboo server so I can restart the primary without terminating builds on remote agents? I see bamboo uses ActiveMQ and I though that supports clustering and high availability.

Can I setup a primary bamboo server and a 2ndry which both point to the same database and then configure failover from primary to 2ndry? This would allow me to perform maintenance where I shutdown primary, made my changes, restarted and then repeated on 2ndry without terminating my lengthy builds running on remote agents.

Please let me know if there's a doc that describes how to to do this or if you know it to be unsupported or impossible.

Thanks

Peter

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

So, I couldn't run two server instances pointing to one DB and set one as the fail over?

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2013
It's not possible at the moment. We are thinking about doing this at some point - currently internal Bamboo structures do not survive restart.
Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

So, I couldn't run two server instances pointing to one DB and set one as the fail over?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events