How can I configure Jira Structure plugin to sync one-way?

Andrew Kariuki February 23, 2014

How can I configure the synchronizer to update user stories from GreenHopper but not push back changes to GreenHopper?

We don't want to update GreenHopper because when we move User Stories on Structure, the updates to GreenHopper messes our Product Backlog.

Many thanks,

Andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hello Andrew,

Currently, the only way to achieve that is the following:

• Disable the synchronizer, so it does not run in background and does not perform automatic event-based synchronization.
  • Manually do the Resync operation, selecting direction (from Greenhopper/Agile to Structure). This operation will not change Rank and Epic assignments, no matter what's there in the structure.
  • Manual resyncs can be scheduled to be performed periodically (say, once every 5 minutes). To do so, you'll need to install an extra plugin from our samples collection here: https://wiki.almworks.com/x/kQBg(get scheduled-sync-0.3.jar), or you can use Script Runner or Structure API to initiate resyncs from your own code.

In the future, we plan to have "view only" reprensentations of Agile epics and rank. This is coming in Structure 3.0, currently in development. (No ETA available.)

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Igor

Andrew Kariuki March 11, 2014

Thanks Igor. Very nice answer and it helped me a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events