Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a user macro to the documentation theme's layout

ashan July 31, 2013

Hi all,

How can I add macro [1] to the documentation theme's page layout please? Confluence only allows to customize the default theme and I tried editing the doctheme.jar files but they dob't work well with the macro.

[1] https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Next+and+Previous+Links

5 answers

0 votes
Kim Watson June 12, 2014

I am interested in adding the noprint macro to the Documentation theme.

I have found the following in the Atlassian documentation, but when I add this it doesn't seem to work. I can only find the template code for the noprint macro so maybe I need the wrapper for it as well, but can't figure out what this would be.

Taken from page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/NoPrint+Example+of+a+User+Macro, the content for the macro is

## @noparams
<div class="noprint">$body</div>
Also, this has to go into the PDF CSS:.noprint
{
display: none ;
}
I tried putting this into the footer of the Documentation theme as an alternative way to define the macro, but this didn't work either:
## @noparams:title=noprint|type=formatting|desc=excludes content from PDF print version|multiple=true

Can you help me here? Thanks...

0 votes
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

You can add them to the footer and then use jQuery to move them where you want. E.g.:

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;
	jQuery('#prevnext').insertBefore('#main-header');
&lt;/script&gt;

(Assuming you've wrapped your buttons in a div with the 'prevnext' id.)

0 votes
ashan August 1, 2013

I mean I want the next/previous links in the body of the page. Not the footer. Any idea how to do this please? If went to the Administrator -> Look & Feel -> Layouts but not sure where to edit and how.

0 votes
ashan July 31, 2013

Thanks Bob. I want to add the macro into the page area rather than the footer.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Go to Space Admin -> Themes and select to Configure the documentation theme. Just add the macro to the header or footer section.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events