How Do You Transition Issues In Workflow

Rosey March 14, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Transitioning an Issue

How do I transition an issue to another state in the workflow when the states are in the same column?

i.e. In progress column has several states.  Need issue to move from In Dev to Ready for QA but remain in the In Progress column.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017

I'm afraid you don't

Atlassian have said they're not going to enable the ability to change status within a column.  You'll need to split it into two columns.

Rosey March 14, 2017

You can change the workflow status on the issue screen though.  Is this the only place you can change it?  

Kinda makes workflows useless if you can't change the state of an issue sad

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017

In most cases, a status has a 1:1 relationship with a column. 

From what I can make out, Atlassian only really coded for many status in a column to handle "several endpoints in a workflow", "alternate authorisations" and "different test paths", none of which expect to change between status within the column.

Suggest an answer