It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How Can I to create an user for only manage the issues of one specified project?

How Can I create an user for only manage the issues of one specified project?

1 answer

0 votes
Rina Nir _AC_ Solutions Partner Jun 17, 2014

Hello Juan,

Jira has a "layered" authorizations/permissions mechanisms, and the best way to achieve your task will depend on the following:

1) It is one specific person, or a group of users who will have this behaviour?

2) What permission structure are you already using in your installation.

A very simple "brut" implementation would be to:

1) In the project where you want to grant him permission: go to Admin/Roles/ and add him to the role you wish to have (as a user: i.e. use his specific user name).

2) Make sure that this project has a security scheme which permits the role (you used in #1) to do what he needs to do.

3) In other projects: make sure that their permission scheme does not grant any access to people who are ine "jira-users" group (because your limited user is part of this group too).

Hope this helps,

Rina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

147 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you