How Can I disable buttons for user who is not assigned for an issue.

Yasmine Rifai January 15, 2014

Once an issue is assigned to a user, will still he be able to edit in this issue?

I don't want a user not assigned for an issue to be able to edit issue's status. For example , a dev worked on a bug, then I assigned to QA to test, I don't want dev person to be able to click on buttons related to QA .Now dev is able to.

3 answers

0 votes
Yasmine Rifai January 16, 2014

I could find the answer in roles , thanks

0 votes
Yasmine Rifai January 16, 2014

great , yeah I meant by changing status moving through the workflow and how can I create this condition and apply it like only to QA people or dev people for example this is what i need exactly

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2014

It depends on how you set it up, and there are two layers here.

First, look at the project permission scheme. This says things like "Issue Edit: Reporter, Assignee and members of the role called developer". It sounds to me like you need to go over the permissions and check they do what they need. Specifically the "edit" permission here - you probably want that to say just "assignee"

Secondly, status - this is NOT a field, it is just a display telling you where an issue is. You can NOT edit status, as there's nothing there to edit. You change status by moving issues through a workflow. The workflow transitions (the action of moving from status to status) have things called "conditions", which are rules on who can perform the transitions. So, for example, a transtion from "ready to test" to "being tested" might have the condition "only people in the QA group can do this"

Suggest an answer