How Can I Get Issue Type Scheme, Field Configuration Scheme, Issue Type Screen Scheme

Tapas Mondal February 9, 2012

Dear All

How Can I get Issue Type Scheme, Field Configuration Scheme, Issue Type Screen Scheme for a project and IssueType using Jira Plugin?

My Main purpose to get field names that is displayed in issue create screen for a issuetype .

Please help

Thanks

Tapas

2 answers

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012
If you mean that you want to get the fields on a create screeen programmatically this might help https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/21087/list-required-fields
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012
Edit: As opposed to the solution in the link you need to call fsr.getAllScreenRenderItems() to get all fields on all tabs. The solution in the link just gets the required fields
0 votes
Maya S Chase
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

You may have to explain more thoroughly what you mean, because I understand this perfectly up until you say "jira plugin". If you're looking for a plugin that will get this information for you, I have no idea. However, it isn't hard to find, you just need to follow the links.

For a particular project, click the Administer Project link from the project summary screen. Under Screens, click the name of the Issue Type Screen Scheme. Now by Create Issue, click the name of the screen it's using. That will take you to the configuration screen that has the list of every field that screen has.

If you need to check the individual field configurations, to see if any of them are hidden fields, the steps are slightly different. On the administer project screen, find the name of the field configuration scheme. Now, from the menu at the top, go to Issues -> Fields. On the left, click on Field Configurations. Find the name of the field configuration (NOT the configuration scheme - you're looking for something in the "Name" column) and click on it. That will show you a listing of every single field used in the system, what screens it's used on, whether it's hidden or not, etc.

Suggest an answer