cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat for Windows Phone

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

Hi all,

Quick question.. Any plans on releasing HipChat on a Windows Phone OS? Currently it is supported on iOS, Androd devices.. Or maybe someone have a workaround to recieve and send messages via HipChat on Windows Phone?

Are you guys even using HipChat on your mobile phones?

Thanks,

Mirek

2 answers

1 vote
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2014

The HipChat team is considering it. If your interested in adding your vote, you can do so here: http://help.hipchat.com/forums/138883-suggestions-issues/suggestions/2777373-windows-phone-app

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2014

Hi David,

Thank you for this information. Currently it is over 2,745 votes so I think it nice to have it working on most used platforms including Windows Phone.

Any idea when "Under consideration" will change to Accepted or Not Accepted?

-Mirek

====

Update 2014-05-09

Over 3,010 votes now and still growing...

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2014

I do not understand.. 4,237 votes and still "Under Consideration" .. The latest comment from Garett Heaton is not so optimistic: "The shrinking market share of Windows Phone is not encouraging and our team has been focused on improvements to apps and services which will impact many more users. While the number of votes on this topic is impressive, WP users are still only a very tiny portion of our overall userbase. We wish we could build all the things all the time, but that’s just not how software works."

Quyen_Nguyen May 15, 2017

Hi David,

Could you fix the link so I can vote. Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2014

I can tell you a lot of people (including Atlassians, from what I've seen) do use hipchat on 'phones.

I don't know what the plan is to provide a windows phone version. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a low priority given the market share of Windows, but I don't think Atlassian would neglect the tiny minority either, it's not like them

As a workaround, you can make hipchat work with any "jabber" client. It doesn't do your real name and the group stuff is limited, but the core works fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events