Hiding the personal panel in a users personal space from Anonymous users

Hello all. I have setup our confluence instance to allow anonymous users access to personal spaces. In some test cases, I have denied access to anon at the space level (using space admin). However, when I browse those spaces that should not allow anon access I actually DO see some stuff.

While I do not see any child pages, I can still see the About me, Activity and Personal information areas.

These should also be totally invisible to the anon user for these spaces! How come I can still see peoples telephone, email, etc?

Cheers!!

//Mike

1 answer

Hi Mike,

Could you please double check if you have configured anonymous access to have "User Profile View" permission?

You should be able to configure this option trough "Global Permission" menu.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

77 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you