Hide some custom fields in all workflow transitions after issue creation

Lak Munnu April 23, 2014

Hi

I have a requirment where i need to hide some custom fields in all work flow steps / transitions screens except in the create.

Please let me know if this is possible with a Javascript or some other method.

Thanks

Lakshmi

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

You should avoid javascript in atlassian stuff, it's a last resort. I don't know why so many people here insist on trying to make their life difficult by trying it, especially when they usually don't need it.

You certainly don't need it here. Each transition can have a different "screen" associated with it, and you can add/remove whatever fields you like to these screens in standard Jira configuration. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

Lak Munnu April 23, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your repsonse. I do not want to use a different screen as i need to hide only 2 custom fields (basically captured for consent / agreement) to be hidden. Our workflow has more than 25 steps and i do not want to design and build that many screens to hide only 2 fields in all steps except during creation of the issue.

please let me know if there are any other option to my issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

Seriously, javascript is a far more vile way to do it that putting in a bit of work on screens.

I think I did not really mention something that would help you here - I said each transition *can* have a different screen, but they don't have to be different. You can use the same screen in many places.

In your case, all you really need is 2 screens - one for create, with the fields, and one for the transitions, with the shorter list. It sounds like you have the transition screens already, so I'd copy that screen, associate the new oen with "create", then remove the fields you want to hide from the transition screen.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2014

If you accepted my answer first, that's how Answers recognises it.

However, I'm happy with a thank you! Even if I couldn't solve it, but helped somehow, I couldn't ask for more than some positive feedback.

0 votes
Lak Munnu April 23, 2014

Hi Nic

Your solution was perfect , clean and quick.

Thanks much. Let me know if there is any way in this forum i can award points for your answer

Lakshmi

0 votes
Lak Munnu April 23, 2014

Nic

Thanks again ! I will try this option and will update this discussion.

Thanks again !

Lakshmi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events