Help with Work Sub-Filter

Scott Ocamb November 29, 2012

I need some help getting the Work Sub Filter operating as i would like on the Kanban Board

It is currently set to the default:

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

When I have a set of issues in the done column, I would like to do a release and then have the issues that have been released no longer appear in the done column.

I assume that Work Sub-Filter is intended for this but i cannot seem to get it working as I intend.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2012

Hello,

Take a look at the column mapping for the Done column. The new boards in GreenHopper are decoupled from the Fix Version field if I remember correctly.

Cheers,
Boris

Yukiko Norton September 19, 2016

I'm not sure what GreenHopper is, but I'm not seeing a way to edit the Sub-Filter.  Even column mapping does not allow me to edit a sub-filter.  I would like my cards to appear in the boards still when released, but because of the sub-filter they disappear and are not viewable unless you create a custom filter.  Is there a way to ensure they show on the board as well for my team's reference after release?

Yukiko Norton September 19, 2016

Oops, never mind.  As I am new to JIRA, I didn't realize exposing the "edit" capability may need to mouse over the right area.  (i.e. No buttons or clear clickable areas are shown by default, they will appear if you happen to mouse over the correct area, which is the field - not the label - of the value you want to edit.)  

Good stuff!  I like it.

Suggest an answer