Help regarding importing link information via JSON import ..

RAMANIGANTH_VELUR August 25, 2013

{

"links": [

{

"name": "clones",

"sourceId": "BUG-45",

"destinationId": "BUG-46"

},

],

}

This is my test JSON file to link two issues i.e. BUG-45 to BUG-46

but by importing this i am getting errror as "failed to create data bean"

Can anybody tell me, if there is anything wrong in my attempt or in the file format ??

2 answers

0 votes
RAMANIGANTH_VELUR August 26, 2013

Thanks pawel,

yes you are correct, it should not have "," after } & ]

I have one more query, if i want to do bulk import then in that case my file should look something like below,

i.e for each case i need to include name field "clones" , i was checking by putting the list of source IDs & destination IDs under single "clones" field but its not working in that case..

{

"links": [

{

"sourceId": "TestBUG-444",

"destinationId": "TestUG-555"

},

{

"sourceId": "TestBUG-51",

"destinationId": "TestBUG-52"

}

]

}

Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Yes, that's the only way to import multiple links.

satyakam panigrahi November 12, 2013

Hi pawel,

I am following similar way of of importing the linking relationship via JSON,

But by doing this what i observed is:

Link type is coming as "clones" for both source ID & Destination ID, where as i was expecting it should come as "clones" under source ID and "is cloned by" under destinatioin ID,

can you pease help me ??

0 votes
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

If that's the exact file you were trying to import I need to let you know that this isn't a correct JSON file, you have "," after elements } and ] but they are not followed by another item.

It's incorrect to put "," after an element if it's not followed by another. See that's good [1, 2, 3] , that's bad [1,2,].

If it's not the exact file I'd suggest posting your atlassian-jira.log so I can see what's going on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events