Hello World Plugin Fails - CAN'T get maven-amps-plugin version 4.1-SNAPSHOT

philip webb November 1, 2012

When running the "atlas-run" command in the create pugin tutorial ( https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Create+a+HelloWorld+Plugin+Project ) I get error:

[INFO] Unable to find resource 'com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-amps-plugin:maven-plugin:4.1-SNAPSHOT' in repository atlassian-public (http://nexus.........
an)
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] A required plugin was not found: Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name is correct: Unable to download the artifact from any repository.......

Not surprising, as our Nexus and the downloaded repository both contain only version 4.0 of the maven-amps-plugin.

I don't understand why it's trying to find the 4.1-SNAPSHOT version ??... as far as I know I have followed the tutorial instructions correctly

(note: edited for spelling)

2 answers

0 votes
philip webb November 7, 2012

see my last comment above

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012
Change amps.version to 4.0 , seems like some issue in sdk, which version of sdk you are using ?
<properties>
        <jira.version>5.0</jira.version>
        <amps.version>4.0</amps.version>
</properties>

philip webb November 5, 2012

Using the current sdk as downloaded in the "Hello world Plugin tutorial" the generated pom.xml contains

<properties>
<jira.version>5.0</jira.version>
<amps.version>4.0</amps.version>
</properties>

Maybe our Nexus has a bad entry, or there's some bug in the lastest sdk version (if it's woking elsewhere that cant be it), or I've made some mistake in the Maven settings file .. let ya know if I find out what happenned ..

philip webb November 7, 2012

Ok, this looks like when maven/amps finds a maven identifier withot a version it goes to a Maven metadata file (maven-metadata.xml), in this case in the maven-amps-plugins directory of the repositories, then local repository, to get "latest" version.

I hacked this file (was in our Nexus) from:

<latest>4.1-SNAPSHOT</latest>

to

<latest>4.0</latest>

I also called the downloaded repository ( for me <url>file:///D:/atlassianSDK/atlassian-plugin-sdk-4.0/repository</url> ) "central" ( <id>central</id> ) , to take Maven central out of the issue.

So I suspect something is wrong for me to need to do this, but don't have the time to look further at the moment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events