Hello everyone. I've a problem with SourceTree app. I noticed that it can eat up, up to 850 MB of RAM on my laptop. I suspect, that this might be caused by usage of Grunt task runner, which compiles scss and uglifies js files. It start's low - about 80 MB's, and over time it's growing to enormous sizes. 

My setup is: 

Windows 8.1, 64 Bit, 16 GB RAM, 350 GB of free space on project partition. I keep project files on HDD 7200 RPM, and system with all the software runs on primary SSD. I have 5 repos hooked up.

I develop projects using PHPStorm 8.0.2 with Grunt, Bower and Composer for dependency management and running tasks. 

My repos are hosted on Bitbucket.

Thanks,

Jakub 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Not an answer, but I have the same issue trying to push my code to a GIT repository. I have half of your ram, but use PHPStorm and Bitbucket as well. I can break 1GB of ram easily. I just tried to load a local repository and I am at 1.5 and climbing.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

125 views 15 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you