Having trouble moving one particular issue to another project?

Dante Lombardi July 31, 2014

I have one issue that I just can't seem to move to anothe project no matter what. Other issues could be moved with no problem. Is it because the Resolution is Resolved? (And I can't un-Resolved it).

Log's referral number: efda6a2f-0efa-41b4-89ff-34380fc3cade

Cause

Referer URL: http://www.jiraintake.com/secure/MoveIssueUpdateFields.jspa

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:MovedIssueKey][id,10632][issueId,10524][oldIssueKey,TAG-15] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO moved_issue_key (ID, OLD_ISSUE_KEY, ISSUE_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?) (Duplicate entry 'TAG-15' for key 'idx_old_issue_key'))
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:MovedIssueKey][id,10632][issueId,10524][oldIssueKey,TAG-15] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO moved_issue_key (ID, OLD_ISSUE_KEY, ISSUE_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?) (Duplicate entry 'TAG-15' for key 'idx_old_issue_key'))

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014
If this issue has key tag-15, then it seems you have tried to move the issue previous time without success. There could be a set of partial results of unsuccessful movement and you should clean up them before next try. If the history is not important I recommend to clone the issue and delete it after clone and move the cloned one then. If you need to keep the issue - easiest way is to contact atlassian support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014
Of course you can delete a SQL record with duplicated idx_old_issue_key and try to move again, but result is not guaranteed. Please don't forget to make backups before such operations
Dante Lombardi July 31, 2014

Thank you, cloning and moving works!

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

Np) Great that simple solution helped you)

Suggest an answer