Has anyone ever used JIRA for warterfall?

My company prefers to use a waterfall process...has anyone used JIRA in this way?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

The short answer is yes.

Thanks. What approach did you take to achieve this? The goal we have is to have visibility into the project at a glance. I figure I would config JIRA to have start and finish dates attache to each roles task. Is this how you approach this or do you have or seen a better way to manage projects and keep it within waterfall?

This widget could not be displayed.

I would need to understand your particular case to answer your question , but I can explain what I did. I created two states per step. An entry state and a exit (review/approval) state. We used subtasks to track what was going on in the step. So each subtask has the start and end times. You can order the subtasks to see flow. You can see what is current by looking at the current step for the issue.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

142 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you