Has anyone ever used JIRA for warterfall?

Micky INS October 6, 2013

My company prefers to use a waterfall process...has anyone used JIRA in this way?

2 answers

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

I would need to understand your particular case to answer your question , but I can explain what I did. I created two states per step. An entry state and a exit (review/approval) state. We used subtasks to track what was going on in the step. So each subtask has the start and end times. You can order the subtasks to see flow. You can see what is current by looking at the current step for the issue.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

The short answer is yes.

Micky INS October 6, 2013

Thanks. What approach did you take to achieve this? The goal we have is to have visibility into the project at a glance. I figure I would config JIRA to have start and finish dates attache to each roles task. Is this how you approach this or do you have or seen a better way to manage projects and keep it within waterfall?

Suggest an answer