Greenhopper simplified workflow doesn't allow us to set resolutions

Harish Agrawal October 11, 2012

We have enabled greenhoper simplified workflow. Since that time we are not able to set resolutions as fixed or won't fixed etc. The resolution only shows "Not fixed" and we are unable to change it.

3 answers

0 votes
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2012

Hi Harish, Peter,

In GreenHopper simplified workflow, there's a post function set to Done transition where it will set resolution field to a resolution with ID number 6.

I believed that in your case, the resolution with ID #6 is Not Fixed causing this behavior. You can edit the transition's post function is required.

The warning about do not manually modify the worklfow is due to that the workflow has been configured to work properly with the Rapid Board created for that project especially in columns configuration. Modifying the workflow might break the rapid board's default behavior. Therefore, any modification to the workflow will need to be matched properly with that project's rapid board configuration.

However, modifying the transition to have a screen as Thiago suggested or change its post function won't really affect the rapid board.

Best regards,

Fahd

Peter Drier October 22, 2012

Since our workflow pre GreenHopper was straight default JIRA Online from ~18 months ago (i.e. we've been exclusively an online customer, and haven't needed to change the workflow), then it seems there's some lack of testing on Atlassian's part leaving us in the "Not Fixed" state..

Harish Agrawal October 31, 2012

Hi Fahd,

"I believed that in your case, the resolution with ID #6 is Not Fixed causing this behavior. You can edit the transition's post function is required."

Can you please tell us how to Edit transition's post function.
-Harish
0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2012

Hi Harish,

Have you tried to associate the "resolve issue" screen adding the resolution field to the resolve issue transition?

I hope it helps!

Peter Drier October 21, 2012

Thiago.. Is this allowed? The workflow specifically says not to edit manually:

"Generated by GreenHopper version 6.0.4-rc2. This workflow is managed internally by GreenHopper. Do not manually modify this workflow."

-Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events