Greenhopper rapid board is blank for some users on Internet 9

Having configured Rapid Boards for a team of about 90, many find the Rapid board does not render in IE 9. For those allowed to run firefox or chrome, the problem does not occur.

The Ondemand site is not in their compatibility list. I have turned off the feedback plugin which was causing issues in firefox.

The reason I need to solve is that one group provides support via laptops that are locked down and don't have access to alternate browsers.

5 answers

1 accepted

Interesting idea. If we can't change whatever setting is killing off the Javascript and they are able to download add ins I'll report back.

It's crazy, but it just might work.

So I uploaded the screen capture of a person with the issue (in another state so I don't have access to their laptop). The sample is from the Manage boards page. I tested turning off Javascript. and got the following error along with the " Manage Baords" content below it. The piture above however does not show the Javascript is off error so I'm thinking it is something more sutle:

Either you have JavaScript disabled or your browser does not support JavaScript. To work properly, this page requires JavaScript to be enabled.

Forgive me if I joke, but you cannot put toghether in a phrase "rapid" and "IE".

My advice is to do a little bit of debug, and report the problem to support ...

This is a copy of the support ticket. It's an OnDemand Instance so not much else I can do. Surprised it is not more common. I expect it will be some setting common to the image of the laptops distributed to a portion of the my user community by their vendor. The image from the support ticket but all the nav elements are there just nothing below the primary nav common to all JIRA pages.

As the RapidBoard is a whole bunch of JS, it is prudent to have security settings that will accomodate this. To make sure your group policy or other settings don't interfere with this, try this:

install a fresh new copy of Win 7 from CD to a computer

upgrade directly to IE9

That makes sense but per my problem statement the affected laptops are locked down so I can't perform the experiment you suggest but maybe I can survey the user based to get to a pattern of those who have and don't have the problem. Then I will play spot the difference in the browser settings.

We think this was location or laptop specific. In the end it was easier to go through channels to have firefox installed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

105 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot