Greenhopper Support

Ramana January 28, 2013

Hi, I am a delivery Manager from Johnson & Johnson. We have recently purchased 500 users license from JIRA. I have couple of queries.

a)Can i can purchase "x" no of supporting hours from you and utilise your services when we have an issue (Consulting hours)

b) Planning to hire a Consultanting company to help us roll out JIRA across the enterprise. Who are your partners in this space.

I tried reaching you on the phone numbers you have given us (San fransisco, Australia). But nobody is picking up the Phone.

regards

ramana

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Hi Ramana,

Having purchased a license from us, you are entitled to as much support from us as you need, within the boundaries of Atlassian Support but for anything outside that scope you will need to contact an Atlassian Expert who will charge you as per the service agreements you reach prior to engaging them to assist you. There is a search page on that site, so you can locate someone in your country, or we can advise you on Experts dependent on your requirements.

All the best,
John

Ramana January 31, 2013

Hi John

Thanks for the response. I have few more queries on the support i need. Please let me know if the below is covered under your support. Please asnwer to each of the below points. Based on your reply, I need to take a call on if i need to reach out to Atlassian experts.

a) We need to deploy JIRA/Greenhopper in a highly availability environment. We are planning to install JIRA/GH on a linux box in cluster mode. We will prepare a detailed design document on how we will be setting up in Cluster mode. Can you review the document and let us know if we are in the right direction.

b) As we are going to set up JIRA/Greenhopper for enterprise, We need your support to review our hard configuration of our server

c) Review of the database set up

d) Any support required during installation Ex: Helping us in configuring the adminstration moduel if we have any queries.

thanks

ramana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2013

I don't think Atlassian will go into that level of detail, although they may point you at documentation

My instincts on your questions though:

a) Jira does not cluster. You can cluster the hardware, but Jira will not cluster. It will run on one node fine, you can keep the others for failover, but it will not cluster.

b) Have a read of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Requirements

c) See b

d) You will be able to raise support requests if you are stuck, but Atlassian won't provide instant responses automatically and they won't be on-site with you.

For b,c and d, I'd recommend approaching an Atlassian consultant as John already mentioned, if you're uncertain about what you find in the documentation.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

a) Atlassian support does not cover this. And using a cluster can also result in an unsupported enviroment which may become difficult to resolve via support if you get into issues

b) Atlassian support does not cover this

c) Atlassian support does not cover this

d) Yes, supported.

And I would recommend to go to an expert in case you do not have experienced an Atlassian administrator at your company.

Suggest an answer