Greenhopper Sprint Templates?

Marten January 24, 2013

Hi Everybody,

I am wondering if it is possible to create sprint templates within Jira Greenhopper. What I mean with sprint template is a basic set of tasks that can be created by a certain user or team. This set of tasks can be loaded anytime, speeding up the process of populating the spint with tasks. This would be very usable for any team that performs a predictable set of tasks for a user story.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

Create a script using https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/JIRA+Command+Line+Interface and pass an argument of story to it. Inside the script create the list of sub-tasks that you want to create by standard for every story.

Or write a script to use curl to create sub-tasks of issues.

This will ease your job till such a feature gets implemented in GreenHopper.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Hey there, Marten.

I believe that this is not a standard feature that is implemented in the current GreenHopper. Perhaps you can consider raising a feature request in https://jira.atlassian.com/ and explain to the developers that this feature will greatly benefit you and other users in the future.

Warm regards,

Danial

Marten January 24, 2013

Thanks for your reaction Danial :)

Having never used jira.atlassian.com this way, what's the best way to raise an issue request? Just create an issue (type feature) within.... which project?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Hey there again, Marten.

You are most welcome. In this case, you can actually create an issue with the type Story under the project GreenHopper. Fill in all the details such as the Summary, Version, and Description of the feature that you are proposing.

Mind you that if you are able to present a good use case, the developers will definitely look into this issue and consider implementing it. If you have any difficulties in raising one, just let me know! ;)

Warm regards,

Danial

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events